After making my previous rooting guide, I got a tip from another kind of hacking procedure. I can say it's much easier. To complete the cirle I briefly describe this process.
What you need:
- Universal Androot APK file (tip: find the latest!)
- Sony Ericsson X10 mini (pro)
- Bluetooth adapter or USB cable (if you want to save the .apk file to computer)
- 2 minutes of free time
- Download Universal Androot APK (directly to your phone or your PC)
- If you saved it to your computer, copy it to your phone via USB or Bluetooth.
- Enable installation from unknown sources: Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources
- Once you have the stuff on your phone, find it with a file manager (for example Astro)
- Open the file with package manager.
- Then install:
- You will see a new icon called Universal Androot and a little guy with gun. Here you can control your apps' privileges.
- And, finally open Universal Androot application! You can see a Root and an UnRoot button. Obviously Root: ) grants root privileges while UnRoot ...guess what! Actually that's all. (One more thing: Yes! You rooted your phone!)
As you see this Universal Androot can be used for different Andrion versions as well.
In the new Universal Androot APK file the icon with the gun has been replaced to an icon with a pirate's head with an "android" Managing your apps' privileges has became a little more transparent.